Monday, May 14, 2007

Sweathogs and more!

My grandmother is awesome! We went in to visit the family this weekend for Mothers' Day. Before we had arrived, Grammie called my mom and asked her to tell me to stop by because she had some knitting needles and buttons for me! So, yesterday morning we stopped by to visit.

Grammie hooked me up with a bunch of knitting needles and crochet hooks that were hers and her mothers.
She also let me pick through some of her vintage buttons.


There was also a new knitting book full of great quick projects!


And some great art books that Pop Pop found.

I really appreciate all of this great stuff from Grammie and Pop Pop, but there is one more thing that Grammie gave me that is now one of my most treasured possessions.

As we were looking for more buttons in her bedroom, Grammie told me that some day she'll have to really go through things and see who wants what. Well, I had been admiring one of the 'decorations' on her dresser. It was in amongst old pictures and other odd things that have been there since I was little. I told her that I definitely wanted this 'decoration' and she told me that I could have it! I don't know why my 81 year old grandmother had this on her dresser. When I asked where it came from, she said somebody gave it to her! So, here he is...

and another picture just for scale...


Jealous?

No comments: