Thursday, June 14, 2007

Siriusly relaxed...

For our anniversary, Dave and I bought ourselves Sirius satellite radio. I'm really enjoying it! There's a disco channel and an 80s channel, but my favorite is the Coffeehouse channel - it's so relaxing!

I've been working on another small (1'x1') painting and am having some trouble staying focused. I just read (in an e-mail forward, but have not verified this fact) that da Vinci took ten years to paint Mona Lisa's lips. So, I don't feel so bad about taking several days to finish this painting. Of course, da Vinci had a lot more going on than I do right now, like writing backwards in his journals, inventing scissors and flying machines, and studying all the scientific theories of the day. He never had the chance to have the problems I have with getting motivated - I was so relaxed yesterday (due to the Coffeehouse channel on Sirius) that all I did with the painting was sit near it holding my coffee cup and staring off into space. I'm Sirius!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUDIoN-_Hxs

The link above is to "Women in Art" on youtube. It's an amazing video where one painting of a woman morphs into another. Inspirational!