Friday, June 01, 2007

T-shirts and paintings

Just a few pictures show how creative I've been over the past week. Last Friday I bought the book Generation-T and was inspired to make things right away - here are three projects from or inspired by the book that I made between Saturday and Tuesday. As always there was another one that just didn't work out and another that did work out, but I forgot to take a picture of it!


One side of my new tote decorated with a pin from an etsy seller and a little string doll from Cori.

The other side of the tote.


Made from a t-shirt from the demo derby that Karla, Dave, and I went to last year. I wore it on Sunday to another demo derby just to show how hardcore demo derby I am (I don't think anyone was impressed - I observed that most demo derby fans might not be impressed with my mad sewing/t-shirt re-do skills!)

This t-shirt was also worn over the weekend (to Jamie's vegan bbq).

Here's a close-up in case you weren't able to read it!

So, as you may have noticed in my blog, I haven't painted in a while. The eye on the left in this painting was really bothering me so I painted it out and gave it a crazy, bruised eye. This might not be the final edition. Also at this point I'm tempted to just give up and gesso the whole thing!


As storage is becoming a problem, I started working smaller - about 1'x1' rather than 3'x4 1/2'. This one was based on a photo of my friend Dave (not my husband - I do know other people named Dave), but it doesn't look like him. You have to stand back a little to get the effect. Go ahead, stand up and take about 3 or so steps back.

Well, after seeing some new (and revived) mediums, you never know what I'll make next... stay tuned....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your paintings--they're very expressive! It may be how the picture looks on the web, but I think it shows more depth than looks bruised. Stay with it! Gesso should only be a last resort!